Be a Tourist in your own Town

06:47


It's coming up to the year anniversary of getting back from my 12 month travelling experience. I'm often bitter about the fact I'm not still away and I'm back in my hometown. The fact of the matter is I'm not quite done with the travelling life just yet, however sometimes it just isn't the right time to run away. So I made a decision if I'm going to be in this town for the next few months, it was time to make the most of all the good things about living in my area. I haven't had much free time lately but whenever I do I try to treat my area like a 'new destination' when travelling, which involves planning a day, getting up early and trying something new!




Following this plan my boyfriend and I decided to go on a three hour walk in the countryside, I'm lucky enough that the area I live in is rural and perfect for walks which is a great option when trying to save the pennies! I'd never done this walk before and it was a perfect day for it, it was so refreshing to be out in the countryside air and just enjoy the scenery!


 



I'm going to try my best to keep this up, what about you? Have you ever tried to be a tourist in your own town? If not, I dare you!!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Looks like you live in a beautiful area - nice photos!
    I wish I had the time to be a tourist in my own area I know there's plenty to do but I never get around to it!!

    The Everyday Life of Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah I feel you, I'm taking it slowly and trying to do something different at least once a month even that can make a difference :)

      Delete
  2. I've recently just come back from my year abroad in Spain and I've been doing exactly the same. The area you live in looks beautiful too, I hope you're enjoying being at home.

    I've also just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award http://suitcasesandsmoothies.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Emma x

    ReplyDelete

Instagram

Search this blog