Momentary Month - April

12:38

Goodbye April it's been fun!

Monthly Movies

Cinderella - Wow this is all out Disney magic, lets just say you can definitely tell Kenneth Branagh directed this. It's unashamedly over the top and is quite frankly a little girls dream. Now I know what you're thinking is there anything for us adults? Well I may not be the best person to ask as I am a big kid myself however I went with a group of friends to see this and everyone seemed impressed. If nothing else it has to be seen just for the costumes! Oh and Richard Madden of course...those eyes though.


While we're young - So this film is all about a  married couple in there 40s who befriend a married couple in their twenties, it starts off mainly focusing on their relationship and how the friendship inspires them. It then takes a turn and becomes very much about Ben Stiller's character and his relationship with his work. Its a good watch and is definitely more of a serious turn for Ben Stiller don't go in expecting Zoolander 2 (omg so excited) It almost has an indie film vibe to it and is very much a film about life, it touches on getting old, success, marriage and career struggles. Again we went to see this in a group and everyone seemed to enjoy it, I didn't feel like it was ground-breaking but there were amusing moments and I definitely went along for the ride.


Avengers: Age of Ultron - Wow did Joss Whedon have a pretty epic task trying to follow the last Avengers movie?! Which lets face it was pretty flawless. Trust me you wont be disappointed with this action packed follow up. I'm not going to go into too much detail as I could be rambling on and on, but this movie has everything you need. I must say it does feel far darker than the first instalment and has less light relief with Captain Americas 'man out of time' comedy gone, after all he's been living in the present day for a while now. I loved the new additions in the way of Aaron Taylor Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen as Quicksilver and Scarlet witch who are both pretty bad ass, die hards will know they are in fact supposed to be mutants however Marvel don't actually hold the movie rights for X-men, but their back story doesn't suffer because of this. In true Whedon style this movie will appeal to all the die hard comic fans and regular movie go-ers alike, so grab your popcorn and go because this is a movie that deserves the big screen experience.



Monthly Music

Charlie Simpson - Long Road Home (Deluxe Edition)
All this month I've been listening to this album, it's one those beauties that pretty much every song is a winner. I'm not going to lie I hadn't really heard much of Charlie Simpsons stuff before, but a friend recommended this album and I'm so glad she did because its a great listen! My personal favourite tracks are Comets, blood, ten more days and Haunted. Give it a go, you wont be disappointed.


Monthly Make Up

Bourjois 123 CC cream - Now it's spring I've been preferring a lighter base and this works like a dream for those good skin days when I'm going for a no make up, make up look. This beautiful evens out my complexion and is so light and breathable plus it's super hydrating for us dry skinned girls. I usually add concealer and a bit of powder to beef this up a bit.

Monthly Most Watched

30 Rock - When ever I talk about this show, no one has ever watched it! To be fair its pretty famous for low ratings however is extremely critically acclaimed with
The legend that is Tina fey writes and stars in this, if you are not familiar with her (have you been living under a rock?) she wrote Mean Girls so if that's your kind of comedy then you will love this. They say write what you know and being one of the writers for SNL for many years has obviously been an inspiration for Tina. 30 Rock is all about the running of a 'SNL' type T.V show I'm not going to lie it's kind of a hard premise to explain. Just trust me when I say you will love it!
 
Monthly Munchies

Sweet Potato and lentil coconut curry
This is suuuuper yummy and is suitable for vegans I recently purchased Deliciously Ella's book because I'm a long term lover of her amazing blog and would highly recommend it!

Dates
I've been addicted to dates this month, they're the perfect substitute for sweets and chocolate! They are still high in sugar but at least it's natural sugar and not artificial.
 
Monthly Memories

This month I've definitely been tested at college, we're coming up to the end of the year and exams are in full swing! I'm finally starting to feel like everything is clicking which is definitely helping with my confidence. I'm worrying a lot less which has given me the opportunity to enjoy floristry for what it is.


I've also celebrated my friends birthday this April and we were lucky enough to get our close group of friends together for a day at the zoo, which was a great break from course work and the weather was beeeeautiful!


This month has definitely been about getting outdoors as the weather has been so great. One of my highlights was a three hour walk my boyfriend and I went on, it showed me how I really need to appreciate the area I live in as it is so picturesque.


Another highlight was just embracing the inner child and making a den, just for...well the hell of it!


Of course my Guinea Pigs have been a constant source of entertainment and this month they have now decided to become skilled climbers, which always puts a smile on my face!


Overall its been a pretty great month with work and play balanced nicely and bloody gorgeous weather! Yes Spring yes...

So Welcome to my first ever momentary month post, every month I'm going to do a quick round up of my month all my likes and dislikes whether it be music, T.V, fashion, beauty and days out. All sorts basically not sure whether to discuss the same things each month or just keep it fresh and discuss whatever has stood out that particular month, let me know which you'd prefer!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Instagram

Search this blog